Friday, June 15, 2007

Status Update for June 15th, 2007

I'm having some computer problems, so I've been unable to access email and post an update. As soon as it gets sorted out, I'll have a date for the first informational/organizational meeting (I'm shooting for Thursday Evening, June 28 unless I get a large enough group wanting a meeting sooner), a class schedule for the basic video class, etc.

Dan Harmon and Rob Schrab (of Acceptable TV, Channel 101, Monster House and the Sarah Silverman Program fame among other projects) have graciously given permission for me to use their tutorial materials for classes, so for those of you who can't wait, check them out at Channel101.com. I highly recommend looking at the Jack Black tutorial vids, since they're very general and can apply to many situations, not just short comedy videos. The other tutorials are very interesting as well. And while you are there, check out the comedy vids. The Channel 101 people have a very twisted sense of humor that is right up my alley.

I'm still looking for someone to design our logo and to design flyers. I'm envisioning something tagger influenced, but not too abstract. If anyone is interested, or if you know someone that might be, post a comment here with your email address. Bonus points for "troubled youth" looking for a creative outlet and public recognition.

No comments: