Friday, June 29, 2007

Our First Meeting: Report

We had our first meeting last night, and it went well, although it was lightly attended. Thursday evenings seem to be a problem for some, due to work or school conflicts. We are going to try a Tuesday meeting next. The next meeting, if approved by Casa Blue, will be on Tuesday, July 10th, at 7:00 PM in the back patio. I just wrote Scott at Casa Blue this morning, so I'll post confirmation here as soon as I get it.

If you can't wait until then, I will be holding a Video Crash Course on Saturday and Sunday, July 7th and 8th. There will be no charge for this "class". I put class in quotes because what I really want to do is just make a cheesy video in two days. This is open to people of any level of expertise: the focus is going to be on the doing and learning by doing. No lectures, very little structure, and lots of fun. More info to come; email us right away so we can discuss ideas.

At this moment there are not enough people interested in the free Basic Video class. When I have 5 - 10 people who are serious, I'll set a date and schedule. Get on the list if you are interested in this class. I'm hoping to have three sessions before the end of the summer. More if the demand is high enough. There has been a lot of interest from younger people, so I might hold a class for under 18 people. Again, write me and tell me if this would be you.

Also planned for this summer:
  • Green Screen Clinic: How to do low cost Green Screen with home video tools. This class will be for a fee to help pay for the materials, etc. No date set for this; keep checking back.

  • Blogs and Vlogs: how to create your own video blog. (Free)

  • Open Screening (Free)

  • Camera Stabilization: From Tripods to Steadicams

  • More, when we think of something and decide we want to do it.


  • If you want to do something, let us know. If there is a topic you'd like covered, please suggest it.

    No comments: